Brattleboro Geocaching Guide
A Treasure Hunt awaits in Brattleboro!
A fun way to explore our area by hiking, biking or just walking. We have GPS equipment you are welcome to borrow, or use your own! There is a lot of great information about GeoCaching at www.geocaching.com and you can use their map (embedded below) to see what caches are in the area. We have also created some of our own that we will share with our guests who ask!
Before You Go
- Find a geocache that will meet your immediate goals. Are you looking for a difficult hike or an easy adventure?
- If you’re headed out on the trail, pack any needed supplies such as water, food and extra clothing. Bring both a map and a compass. Check geocache terrain and difficulty ratings.
- For safety, let someone know where you are going.
- Do not forget your GPS and extra batteries.
- Need a GPS? We are happy to lend you ours.
Get Out and Play
- Mark your car (or the inn) as a waypoint to ensure your safe return.
- Be mindful of the environment, practice Cache In Trash Out.
- Bring friends and family with you; sharing the experience can be very rewarding.
- Remember that distances can be deceiving. A geocache can take longer to find depending on trails, rivers and other obstacles.
Share Your Experience
- If you take something from the geocache, leave something of equal or greater value.
- Write about your experience in the geocache logbook.
- Share your geocaching stories and photos with us!